TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE CONTRACT: YOUR RIGHTS UNDER GDPR & EPRIVACY
This contract is between you, the data subject, and Velvet Apple Media Ltd
The contract is at the request of the data subject.
The date of this contract is 03.05.18
Your privacy is important to us and we take it very seriously. We want to help everyone who uses Velvet Apple Media Ltd services to get the most out of them. This policy covers all our brands – Recruitment Agency Now and associated products and services.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a new regulation which replaces the Data Protection Regulation (Directive 95/46/EC). The Regulation aims to harmonise data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate. Even though the UK has expressed its intention to leave the EU in March 2019, the GDPR will be applicable in the UK from 25th May 2018. Furthermore the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has recently laid out its intention to continue with a similar level of regulation post March 2019.
The policy below lays out in simple English how the GDPR and the current ePrivacy Directive (soon to be updated) applies to the way VAMedia Ltd handles your personal data. Our aim is to be responsible, relevant and secure when using your data. VA Media specialises in business and industry news, commercial product information and professional networking across of range of professional industries and services. Our expectation is that individuals giving consent share these aims and objectives. If this is not your expectation, please do not subscribe. Entering your email into the subscription box indicates that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of the policy.
Please take a moment to read through what information we collect about you, who we share it with and how they might use it.
WHO CONTROLS MY PERSONAL DATA?
- The Data Controller is Velvet Apple Media Ltd. It is registered in the UK Company Number 8030836
- The registered address is 424 Margate Road, Westwood, Ramsgate, Kent CT12 6JS
- The Data Controller’s representative is the Director of Data Protection
- You can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can call them on 0207 1830117
- Velvet Apple Media Ltd is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office Certificate Number ZA355807
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS OF THE PROCESSING?
- At VA Media Ltd we will rely on your ‘consent’ to process personal data. This is defined by the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) standard of ‘consent’ as it’s legal basis for processing personal data
- GDPR defines consent as ‘any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subjects’ wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her’
- By agreeing to the consent box you have accepted that you understand and accept this as a valid legal basis for processing your personal data
- Your data will not be shared with any third parties without your prior knowledge, but may be used by us to help a selected, GDPR compliant and professionally relevant group of industry suppliers to share their knowledge and insights with you through our branded channels
- Your personal data will not be shared with any third parties unconnected with VA Media Ltd.
WHAT DATA WILL THE CONTROLLER COLLECT AND PROCESS?
- The categories of personal data are your name, your job title, your company name, your company address and your business email. If you have an entry in our professional directories it may also include information you have provided on your areas of sector expertise or specialism.
- Personal Data may also include a link to a professional profile photograph if one is available in the public domain e.g. LinkedIn
WHO WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE DATA?
- The recipients of personal data are limited to Executive Grapevine International Limited
- We use data processors like Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, Google, Campaign Monitor, Mailchimp, Formstack, Dropbox and Xero, to help us run our communities.
- We may share your details with relevant clients of VA Media Ltd these include supplier firms who serve those areas, including Recruitment Consultancies and Business Services.
WILL THE DATA LEAVE THE UK? IF SO, WHAT SAFEGUARDING MEASURES ARE IN PLACE?
- Velvet Apple Media Limited has advised all parties that data may not be transferred outside of the UK without submitting satisfactory proof of their safeguarding methods and proof of a certified privacy shield
HOW LONG WILL THE DATA BE KEPT FOR?
- The Retention period for personal data is 3 years. We have chosen three years because it is the average length of time a UK Manager remains in their post.
- VA Media will be required to deactivate personal data after the relevant retention period, or when they are in receipt of a data subjects request to do so, whichever is the earlier. The data subject has the right to change their mind and withdraw consent at any point during the retention period
- What are my rights?
VELVET APPLE MEDIA LTD CONFIRMS THE FOLLOWING RIGHTS TO EACH DATA SUBJECT:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.